Gateley Hamer Limited Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Gateley Hamer Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Gateley Hamer Limited is a limited company incorporated in England and Wales and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Registered Number: 3948095. Registered Office: One Eleven, Edmund Street, Birmingham B3 2HJ. Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information That We Collect
Gateley Hamer Limited processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: -
• Home Address
• Business Address
• Personal Email
• Business Email
• Home Telephone Number
• Mobile Telephone Number
• Trustee details
• Company details
• Mortgage details
We collect information in the below ways: -
Using public and paid for registers (i.e. HM Land Registry, Company House Government websites, electoral register, Experian)
Posting of notices and Request for Information questionnaires to specific addresses, notices on land to locate/identify land ownership and interested parties within the land
By email, writing, telephone or in person on an individual or company/charity regarding landownership and interested parties.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Gateley Hamer Limited takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless permitted by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. We do not make your personal data available for commercial use such as marketing purposes.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
• Any information provided will only be used for legitimate planning purposes.
• The information we collect/provided with relates to the interested parties in relationship to the ownership of land within the allocated boundaries.
• The personal data may include the data subjects name and contact details such as address, email address and telephone number. Where the land owner is due compensation we may also collect bank details in relation to interests regarding the land.
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
• Gateley Hamer Limited is not responsible for data cleansing information that is provided by outside bodies.
You have the right to access any personal information that Gateley Hamer Limited processes about you and to request information about: -
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Gateley Hamer Limited uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Third Party Services:
- Cloud based services
- Telephone system suppliers
- Accountancy Services
- HR Services
Gateley Hamer Limited takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
- We have strong alpha, numeric and symbol password practices which are updated on a regular basis
- All PC’s handling personal data are encrypted
- All external storage devices are encrypted
- The software ESET is used on all devices for anti-virus, spyware, web and email protection and updates automatically
- All PC’s are running the latest operating systems and are set to automatically install updates as and when they become available
- Our local networks are protected by firewalls
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Gateley Hamer Limited only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.