Our specialist Programme Officers organise and administer an independent, cost-effective and efficient inquiry under the direction and guidance of the Inspector(s) – effectively becoming the Inspector’s ‘right-hand man’ throughout the inquiry process. The Programme Officer reports to the Inspector and is the link between them, the appellant/promoter and all other parties.
What do we do?
Public inquiries are subject to specific procedural rules depending on the project type. We offer a complete service package on public inquiries into, although not limited to, renewable energy, planning, compulsory purchase orders, transport and highway projects: programme officers, witness training and inquiry website management.
Services that we can provide include:
- Advising on arrangements for pre-inquiry meetings and public inquiries, and offering guidance on the suitability of venue, facility requirements and optimum layout.
- Providing experienced Programme Officers as an independent link between the inspector, the appellant/promoter and other interested parties.
- Producing the optimum inquiry timetable and providing administrative support to the inspector, where required, throughout the public inquiry process.
- Offering fully integrated administrative office support to the appellant/promoter before, during and after an inquiry, including the posting of statutory site notices.
- Organising training of expert witnesses in presentation of evidence and proof writing.
- Creating, maintaining and publishing dedicated websites for individual inquiries; the websites becoming the online library of documents submitted to the inquiry.